All applicants must be:
- licensed as a nursing home in Ohio
- has Medicaid certification
- has never offered OMA
- has never received QIP funding
Both for-profit and not-for-profit nursing homes may apply. Other organizations such as adult day centers, assisted living facilities, hospice centers, and geriatric hospitals do not qualify.
How it Works Scripps Gerontology Center is interested in supporting nursing homes with a high likelihood of success to learn and implement the OMA program. Nursing homes with existing partnerships with a nearby university offering medical and health sciences education (nursing, social work, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy) will be given priority. Funded nursing homes will be expected to send two staff members to be trained. The training will be either:
- In a hybrid format, which includes 12-18 hours of online interactive video training to be done at one’s own pace with a 1.5-day in-person practicum; or
- Fully in-person for 3.5 days in Oxford, OH
All funded nursing homes will be expected to implement OMA and complete an annual QIP reports during the grant period. Nursing homes interested in applying for this opportunity should complete an online application form by the deadline below.